WHAT EXACTLY IS YEARLY MAINTENANCE?
Like a car, a cooling system requires periodic preventive maintenance to avoid breakdowns and unsafe conditions, as well as to achieve optimum efficiency. When a knowledgeable technician inspects a system, they can detect and repair small problems that could lead to expensive repairs if not fixed - saving the owner thousands of dollars.
A well-maintained system also lowers your energy costs, because it requires less energy to deliver the same level of comfort. Depending on the equipment, a tune-up can reduce electricity consumption by 5% to 10%.
Annual tune-ups also help you enjoy peace of mind knowing that you are extending the life of your valuable equipment, saving energy, and reducing the chance of a system failure at a critical time.
Preventive maintenance is included in all Dominick Service Plans.
Please click on the item below to see the steps the technician performs as needed.
During annual maintenance for a central air conditioning system, a technician should perform the following 13 point Tune-Up, in the Spring:
- Lubricate & check all moving parts, including bearings, blower motor, condenser fan (and adjust belt, if applicable).
- Evaluate condition of air filters; replace with standard disposable fiberglass filters (if applicable).
- Check evaporator coil.
- Check refrigerant charge; additional refrigerant requires an extra charge plus labor.
- Test "temperature drop" at return and supply air.
- Install gauges and check operating pressures.
- Check condensate to make sure draining at the time of visit to help protect against overflow.
- Tighten and safety test all wires and connections.
- Check controls for proper operation.
- Test operation and condition of compressor contacts.
- Inspect, start and run capacitors and inspect relays for bulges, rust and leaks.
- Check outdoor condenser coil.
- Inform customer of equipment condition. Recommend repairs when necessary.
To schedule your tune-up, please call us or log into your account.