Carbon Monoxide Safety Tips
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that causes carbon monoxide poisoning, which can be lethal. Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms are similar to that of the flu and may include headache, fatigue and shortness of breath. While heating oil systems rarely malfunction and emit harmful levels of CO, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
The best way to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning is to install CO detectors in your home. The United States Product Safety Commission suggests everyone should have at least one carbon monoxide detector
in their home and have a professional inspection of all fuel-burning appliances for leaks. Natural gas systems in particular can emit carbon monoxide into your house without any warning signs.
If you think you may be experience CO poisoning, get fresh air immediately and seek prompt medical attention. Contact us
for more information about carbon monoxide detector installation.